HOW I'M LEARNING NEW SKILLS (/THINGS) ONLINE
As I'm a very curious soul and I always love to discover new skills...I'm still learning a few things in my free time, now that the internet has everything and anything you can imagine, making the most of it to learn and grow as a person sounds like the perfect idea.
So here are some of the things I'm learning at the moment:
• Spanish language: just a fact about me, I used to hate the Spanish language, don't ask me why! now I find it so beautiful and I really want to improve my basic level, so I'm using Duolingo the app and I can already see some progress. learning new languages was always tempting for me.as you may know,I'm Moroccan so my native language is Arabic,and the second language /my educational language is French, then I learned English (which is my fave) by myself when I was 15,now I'm not saying I perfected it but I'm not that bad hehe.so I thought it was about time I explore a new language.
• Accounting online course: I have graduated last year from an Economic and management
bachelor's degree,and since then I have practised my knowledge base in some internships here and there,but accounting course wasn't my biggest strength and I've always been gutted about that, now that I have no exam obligations, I'm starting to learn accounting from level zero. And I'm feeling a lot better and confident enough about my progress. guess what? The education system wasn't for me hehe.
• Google Analytics Academy: this one is more related to my blog, I was looking for something to learn to improve my blogging skills, and was specifically looking for a coding class, but somehow I ended up doing this one which is really needed as I don't know much about Google analytics.so far so interesting.
• Documentaries : I've always been into documentaries, especially wildlife ones. my go-to channel when I wanted to chill after my school was National geographic.with time passing and me discovering youtube (I'm talking about vlogs, hauls...),I forgot how much I was loving learning new things through documentaries and me banging on about what I learned to my family hehe.
So as my interests have changed a bit, I'm using the good old youtube to search for insightful documentaries this time generally about the environmental issues and how I can help, but also about mental health as I feel that they are both really important topics and should be studied at schools.
these are the things I'm currently learning and the resources I'm using, I'm also trying to read more books but so far it's not really happening ..I hope you liked reading this post. let me know in a comment what are you learning atm?


4 comments
Great post - I am always a huge fan of learning outside of school. I am currently almost done with my undergrad degree, but I look forward to continuing to learn after school! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete-Jenna ♥
Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake
there's no limit to learning,good luck on your degree lovely x
DeleteI love the idea of learning a new language! Its something that I've always wanted to do but never have the time for.
ReplyDeletehttps://mylifestylerules.blogspot.com/
I thought the same thing about not having the time but I practice on the go and on my lunch breaks..I made time for it, even though it's not a lot of time but I'm making progress, I really encourage you to try it x
Deletethank you for your comment,have a lovely day!