THE BIOOIL : A REVIEW
As someone who doesn't wear makeup (see post >> here <<), I try my best to keep my skin looking its best, other than the sunken under eyes that I can do nothing about, I've been managing things pretty well. And as nothing stays the way it is forever, back in January, I've been blessed with a bunch of outrageous spots due to a bad allergy reaction to a dipping sauce ( which by the way was so delicious but equally EVIL). It was the first time my skin looked that bad and ngl it's affected my self-confidence on a high level.
I still didn't want to cover them with makeup (don't ask me why hehe), and with the time passing, I was left with so many scars. I tried oils, gentle scrubs and masks.. but they didn't do wonder!
I decided to try the BioOil because I've heard so man good things about it and it's the only "clean" anti-scars product I knew about at the time, so after five months of using it religiously, here is my unbiased review.
Bio-Oil is (as they claim) formulated to help improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks, but it can never remove them.
I bought the 60 ml bottle for 12£ ish, you need a tiny bit so I recommend getting the 25 ml instead because I still have 2/3 of the product.
I've been using it for five months now every night before bedtime, I massage some drops into the skin. I started noticing a difference since the first two weeks, the scars started healing and looking less red and smaller in size too, with the time passing, it kept improving the appearance of the scars and they started fading within a month.
Is it worth the hype? for what they claim, yes it is! ngl I was hoping for better results and had high expectations of completely getting rid of my scars which didn't happen, but I'm not disappointed with how much they have faded, and I appreciate the fact that they're making it clear on their packaging that it doesn't remove scars completely.
As you can tell, I still have the scars but they're much more unnoticeable and I think a bit of BB cream can cover them easily, but as I don't wear makeup I still want to entirely remove the scars, so I'm going to keep using it until I find a more effective product.
Here you have it, my little review of the BioOil, there's no doubt I'm not a beauty blogger, but I tried to cover everything I thought was interesting.
Thank you for reading my ramblings, have you used the BioOil before? what do you think of it?

2 comments
Amazing review, dear!
ReplyDeleteHugs ♥
Liana Laurie
Thank you x
Deletethank you for your comment,have a lovely day!