REFLECTING ON 2020
I used these past few days to fill lots of my journal pages with reflections on 2020, and rest assured there was a lot on my mind that I had to jot down on paper before we are done with this year. journaling is a regular practice for me, but last week, I specifically focused on answering some important questions about this year, the challenges I faced and how they shaped me into who I am today.
We all have lived through 2020 in different ways and different places with or without certain people in our lives, but we all had a shared view on how tough it was. I had gone through many struggles and awful events, I survived quarantine living by my own far from my family when everything was going downhill, but all that I went through made me realise a bunch of things I would have never learned if not for the pandemic and the horrendous show that was 2020;
this year opened my eyes to my strength and ability to face hardship on my own, it made me feel grateful for what I have and where I am even if it’s not exactly what I wished for, it made me put into perspective the bigger picture of what’s going on in the world and feel blessed for my situation next to the suffering of other people who have lost their loved ones, the homeless,...
I think 2020 was a learning journey for all of us, it was a test to our patience, our commitment to serving our communities, and a time to reflect on the life we were living pre-pandemic, it was a reminder that things can change in a glimpse and that the hustle and bustle culture isn’t productive anymore, it taught us to slow down and made us realize the importance of real connections.
we started seeing the everyday mundane as a luxury, we found refuge in nature and sunset walks, explored new creative ventures and baked lots of goods, the real heroes of society strived for our health, we took part in the biggest civil right movement #BLM …
We learned to live in a new way and tried our best to survive a universal pandemic while questioning our former way of living. This year was awakening, eye-opening and shaking in a good way even if it was done brutally most of the time.
Here is to remembering the lessons 2020 taught us and to step into the next year with better actions. I hope we are skipping the Great Depression because we wished for the roaring twenties and we got them roaring in a bad way, look for what you wish for.


0 comments
thank you for your comment,have a lovely day!